Una mujer que inspira...

11:25 AM


Hola mis amores! Yesterday I had the pleasure of covering an award ceremony in Tampa. The award is called the Josephine Howard Stafford memorial award. It is given to current or former employees of the city. This year's recipient was Frances Henríquez. An empowering Latina who served as the first woman, first Hispanic, and the last elected City Clerk for 5 terms!

She was overwhelmed, and it was the cutest thing ever. As I interviewed her people who she hadn't seen in years came up to her to congratulate her. She would tell me, "can we stop for a moment, so that I can say hello. I haven't seen them in a very long time," and of course how can I say no to that.

Here is the link to my web story on our Hispanic station. Infomas. Hope you enjoy the longer version...


http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/espanol/article.html/content/news/articles/infomas/2014/3/5/mujer_hispana_recibe.html



XOXO

 Yisel Tejeda





You Might Also Like

0 comments